The Rewards tab is only available in a User Account. It allows users to view their current Rewards as well as Redeem them. All Users must enable 2-factor authentication (2FA) on their User Account before they can view the Rewards tab content.
Our Rewards program is currently an invite-only Beta status. Only Users who join the Beta program will see the "Join" button on the Rewards tab in their User Account Settings.
To join the rewards program:
- Sign-up for the Beta.
Create an account at https://polyswarm.network, if you haven't already.
- Note: you must use the same email address to sign up for the Beta program and to create an account.
- We will notify you once your account has been added to the Beta program.
- Once you've been added to the Beta program, follow the instructions below to Install and Setup the Browser Extension.
- Navigate to PolySwarm NectarNet in the Chrome Web Store.
- Click Add to Chrome
- Navigate to PolySwarm NectarNet in the Firefox Add On store.
- Click Add to Firefox
- Navigate to https://polyswarm.network/
- Log in or Sign up
- Navigate to Settings -> Rewards
- Click the "Join the Beta" button. Note: You will only see this button once your account has been added to the NectarNet Beta program.
- Navigate to Settings -> API Keys
- Copy your API key to the clipboard.
- Open the Extensions dropdown and click the PolySwarm NectarNet extension.
- Paste the API key into the field.
The following is an overview of how Rewards Distribution works:
Currently, we are giving away $1,337 worth of NCT per day. So, each day PolySwarm creates a pot of NCT to give away. Then, we run an algorithm that analyzes two important factors:
- the data provided by all Users during the previous day
- how the data provided by Users relates to threat intelligence that our customers want
Based on those factors, the algorithm determines which Users will get a portion of that days' Rewards. Finally, it distributes the portions of Rewards to those Users' Rewards Wallet.
This is the total amount of NCT in the Rewards Wallet.
Once a User has some NCT in their Rewards Wallet, they can Redeem those tokens. Redeeming is the action to withdraw tokens from your Rewards Wallet and transfer them to your personal ETH/NCT wallet. Before you can Redeem tokens, you must Configure Withdrawals on your Rewards Wallet.
A Rewards program has a collection of categories where Users can earn NCT. The Rewards Summary has a table that lists the Categories where a User has earned NCT and how much NCT a User has earned. Users can select a date range to view the Categories and NCT amounts during specific ranges of time.